Greater Valdosta United Way – Annual Day of Caring
August 28 @ 7:00 am - 1:00 pm
DATE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO COVID-19.
A day to volunteer to help through a work project for local non-profit agency in the Greater Valdosta Community. Volunteers are paired with United Way partner agencies in the Valdosta area, such as Habitat for Humanity, Children’s Advocacy Center, The Haven, YMCA, Salvation Army, etc.
“The Day of Caring is a way for people to give back to those who need it the most, increase the awareness of local nonprofits and demonstrates that neighbors helping neighbors can create positive change in the lives of children, families and seniors,” United Way representatives said.
The Day of Caring begins with a kick-off breakfast on the historic Lowndes County Courthouse square downtown, 7 a.m. After breakfast, volunteers will head out in the community from 8 a.m.-1 p.m. to assist with hands-on projects such as painting, cleaning, landscaping, etc.
The Day of Caring promotes the value of volunteerism and projects include:
- • Moving furniture, organizing and pressure washing at LAMP.
- • Painting, staining fence and playground equipment at Child Advocacy Center.
- • Working on a build at Habitat for Humanity.
- • Cleaning out two sheds and moving items at The Haven.
- • Painting, pressure washing and landscaping at Jacob’s Ladder.
- • Sprucing up and landscaping at the YMCA.
- • Assembling a fence at LARC.
- • Packing food boxes at Second Harvest.
- • Organizing and cleaning at Alzheimer’s Caregiver Time Out.
- • Landscaping, painting and pressure washing at the Boys & Girls Club.
- • General cleaning and landscaping at Salvation Army.
- • Painting and cleaning at the Greater Valdosta United Way.
The Greater Valdosta United Way works with 19 nonprofits throughout the year and keeps a pulse on what is needed to best help the nonprofit and will connect you or your team with an upcoming project.
For more information on volunteering on the Day of Caring or giving back, contact the Greater Valdosta United Way, (2290 242-2208 or visit www.unitedwayvaldosta.org.